Individual Therapy in Boca Raton, FL
Individual therapy, also known as talk therapy or counseling, is a proven method for effectively treating and alleviating anxiety, stress, grief, addictions or substance use disorder, and various mental health disorders.
John Puls at South Florida Psychotherapy offers experienced and compassionate care for clients in Florida. Individual Therapy is offered in-person or via telehealth at his Boca Raton office.
When To Seek A Therapist?
Do you have an issue that is interfering with your daily life? Do you experience distress marked by negative thoughts, feelings, behaviors, or even a bodily sensation such as pain or fatigue? There is a lot of stigma surrounding the word “therapy,” but millions of Americans benefit from it every year. In fact, it is estimated by the National Institute of Mental Health that 1 in 5 Americans suffers from some type of mental health condition. These can be acute or chronic in nature.
If you are experiencing any of the following symptoms, you may benefit from individual therapy:
- Overwhelmed by emotions, such as sadness, anger, worry, or panic
- You get sick often, which can be a sign of high stress
- You are less productive or find it hard to concentrate
- You experience apathy or don’t feel excited anymore
- Isolation from friends or family
- Oversleeping or difficulty sleeping
- Overusing alcohol or other coping mechanisms, such as shopping or eating
- You have trouble maintaining relationships
Life has highs and lows, and during lows, a licensed therapist can help you put the pieces together and help you overcome obstacles that may seem too overwhelming. Therapy cannot fix your problem – but instead empowers a person to initiate change in their own life. It can help with self-esteem, boost confidence, and affirm positive thinking patterns and behaviors.
Talk therapy is regarded as one of the most effective tools for alleviating mental health symptoms and preventing relapse of chronic health conditions.
What Can Individual Therapy Help?
At the Boca Raton office, John Puls can help people experiencing:
- Eating disorders
- Relationship or Marriage problems
- Addiction or Substance Use Disorder
- Process addictions, such as gambling, shopping, or gaming
- Sexuality or Gender Identity Problems
- Bipolar disorder
- Schizophrenia or Schizoaffective disorders
Therapeutic Approaches at South Florida Psychotherapy
South Florida Psychotherapy utilizes:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectal Behavioral Therapy (DBT)
- Narrative Therapy
- Motivational Interviewing
At South Florida Psychotherapy, John Puls, LCSW, MCAP, has experience ranging from family and adolescent counseling to therapy for individuals with experiencing mental health distress. If you think you might benefit from therapy, or just want information, please don’t hesitate to reach out. He can answer any questions you have about psychotherapy and whether it may be right for you. He understands that you may be going through a hard time. John is available for a free consultation.